From New Age Village
The Michael Teachings are the channeled teaching of Michael, a collective of 1050 souls who have completed their incarnations on earth and evolved to a higher plane of existence. As with many other spiritual teachers, Michael's knowledge is conveyed to the earth plane through the use of a human channel. These channeled teachings were first published in a book by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, entitled, "Messages from Michael," and it paved the way for many publications [] come.
A fundamental aspect of Michael's wisdom is that the meaning of existence is in a nutshell -- life. There is nothing else. The experiences we gather from living day after day, lifetime after lifetime, constitute the essential components necessary to grow spiritually. There are no secret rituals, special meditations, or any other esoteric practices required; life itself is the only lesson plan needed in order to move forward. From this continual dance, we eventual learn the following tenet: we are here to learn how to choose, and to choose how to learn.
Unlike familiar information provided by Seth, or Abraham, which largely focus on the principles of conscious creation, the Michael teachings bring a unique perspective to our physical plane explorations. Michael provides a revealing set of tools that help chart our spiritual progress as we journey from first incarnation to last. Diligent application of this system teaches us to validate our overall development in the reincarnational cycle, show where we are on the path, what lessons we will encounter, why we are here, and what is yet to come. It also helps us understand the unique qualities we bring to the world, and why people and societies are the way they are.
Because these teachings are not based upon dogmatic principles or a requirement to adopt rigid belief systems, the merits of the material can be self-validated, and that which doesn't resonate summarily tossed aside.
The core of the teachings involves learning to develop self-acceptance and tolerance for others, and this is fostered through the use of a set of tools which Michael calls, Overleaves. The Overleaves describe the various attributes of our personality, showing us how we perceive and interact with, our world. By learning about these personality traits, we can better understand the inherent behavior patterns of ourselves and the people around us.
It is important to understand that it is not the intention of the Michael teachings to compartmentalize, pass judgement, or in the words of the occasional detractor, "place people in boxes." The teachings simply reveal the unconscious tendencies or default settings that help color each personality with a unique stamp.
The final goal in the teachings is to learn agape (or unconditional love) for all of humanity.
The Journey Begins
We are vast and multifaceted, and there are many ways of describing our various parts. However, the Michael teachings outline three basic levels of self: personality, essence (or soul), and spark.
Our personality is our outermost level; it is who we are for this lifetime only. It is a composite of physical, mental, and emotional traits and is influenced by factors such as overleaves, body type, heredity, imprinting, numerology, astrology, and many others. Our personality develops from what we learn in this lifetime.
Our essence animates our personality, providing our spiritual component. It is the part of us that continues from lifetime to lifetime on the physical plane, as well as through the six higher planes of creation in the universe. It is influenced by factors such as role, cadence position, entity, frequency, male/female energy ratio, and many others. Our essence develops from what we learn in all our earth lifetimes and our periods between lifetimes, the “astral interval.” When our personality integrates lessons from our present lifetime, they become part of our essence’s knowledge.
Our spark animates our essence. It is our core, the part of us that is a unit of consciousness of the Tao, which is also referred to as the “All That Is” or the “Ground of All Being.” The Tao is what is beyond the universe, the source from which the universe springs. Thus far, the Michael teachings don’t delineate traits on the spark’s level as they do with the personality overleaves and essence roles. Our spark develops from what we learn in all our experiences in the universe. When our essence integrates the experiences of our series of earth lifetimes, as well as our higher-plane experiences, they become part of our spark’s knowledge.
Our spark created our essence to enable us to express ourselves in the universe. Our essence, in turn, created our personality to enable us to express ourselves specifically on the physical plane. When a spark creates an essence, Michael refers to that as “casting“ from the Tao.
- Casting From The Tao - Follow the journey from Tao to earth and back again.
According to the Michael Teachings, before each of us begins our incarnational sojourn on the planet, we choose one of seven Roles which serve as the blueprint for who we are and how we interact with others.
These Roles reside in the following categories:
- Servers and Priests are roles that dedicate themselves to the service and spiritual evolution of the soul, and to the physical needs of the people on the planet. The Server's positive pole is service; its negative pole is bondage. Servers seek the common good. The Priest's positive pole is compassion; its negative pole is zeal. Priests seek the higher good.
- Artisans and Sages are devoted to expression; the artisan through creation, and the sage via communication. The artisan's positive pole is creation, with a negative pole of artifice or self-deception. Artisans seek originality. They create what is new, whether in art, hairstyles, or carburetors, and are often warm and playful. The sage's positive pole is expression, with a negative pole of oration. Sages express and communicate. They are witty, friendly, entertaining, and sometimes loud and verbose. They seek insight.
- Warriors and Kings are the great mobilizers in society, and they express their nature by "taking action." The warrior's positive pole is persuasion; its negative pole is coercion. Warriors seek challenge. Kings seek mastery, which is its positive pole; its negative pole is tyranny.
- Scholars are the assimilators of knowledge. They are profoundly curious and they document all experience. Scholars seek knowledge, which is their positive pole; their negative pole is theory.
Find more information about the roles at the Michael teachings site.
Although our role remains the same during an entire cycle of incarnations, in order to gather a variety of experiences we choose a set of personality attributes (called "overleaves") for each new lifetime. These attributes fall into the categories of Goal (the significant issues that motivate us), Mode (our means of expression), Attitude (our life perspective), and Center (how we react).
- Goal - Re-evaluation (Retardation), Discrimination (Rejection), Submission, Flow (Stagnation), Acceptance, Growth, Dominance.
- Center - Emotional, Intellectual, Physical (Sexual), Instinctive, Higher Intellectual, Higher Emotional, Moving.
- Chief Feature - Self-Deprecation, Self-Destruction, Martyrdom, Stubbornness, Greed, Arrogance, Impatience.
Purpose of Overleaves
Overleaves provide our soul with a variety of experiences during the reincarnational cycle. Since overleaves color our perspective, the perceptions we have of our world are both unique and unlimited. In one lifetime we may be introverted, while in the next we may be extroverted and living a lifestyle that bares little resemblance to the previous one. But it's this variety and richness of life experiences that makes overleaves so valuable to the soul's journey.
Overleaves show us how we pre-incarnationally decided to experience life. They are the roadmap for what it means to be human, and when properly recognized and validated, Overleaves help us avoid the lure of false personality and manifest instead from our true personality -- the state of being where real spiritual growth occurs.
Understanding and accepting the differences of others is another benefit of using Overleaves. With this system, greater levels of compassion can be learned, both for ourselves and those around us.
Find more information about the overleaves at the Michael teachings site.
Finally, as we continue through our thread of lifetimes -- gathering experiences, learning lessons, and fulfilling agreements -- an evolutionary process transpires and this course of development is called Soul Age. There are five soul ages that we progress through during our cycle on the physical plane. Infant Souls deal with issues of survival; Baby Souls have a need for structure and tend to live according to beliefs based on dogma, such as religion; Young Souls are success oriented and set personal achievement at all costs; Mature Souls are relationship fixated and tend to gravitate towards emotional drama, and Old Souls try to seek the larger perspective of life, and have less interest in playing the material game.
- What is Soul Age?
Soul Age Levels
There are seven different levels within each soul age cycle; ie. 6th level young, 7th level young, 1st level mature, and so forth.
- Describing the levels with a water analogy:
- 1st level: Dipping your toe in the water.
- 2nd level: Half in and half out of the water.
- 3rd level: Submerging under the water.
- 4th level: Coming up for air and splashing around for awhile.
- 5th level: Deciding to swim some laps.
- 6th level: Swimming too strenuously and getting a muscle cramp.
- 7th level: Floating on your back and flowing with the current.
Transitioning to the next soul age level requires the completion of the Internal Monads, the seven rites of passage in a lifetime.
- Soul Age Levels - All about the seven levels.
- Further Thoughts on the Levels - Comments about the levels, as well as the controversy surrounding the difference between third level and fourth.
- Soul Age Level Analogies - Add your own analogy.
- Internal Monads & Monad (Internal and External)
Find more information about soul age at the MichaelTeachings.com site.
Read a sampling of Michael channeling.
- The Enneagram, Michael, & Astrology - (By Emily Baumbach)
- Parallel Shifts - (By Emily Baumbach)
- Maintain Your Health By Knowing Your Bodytype
- Michael Teachings Discussion List - Chat with other Michael students at Yahoogroups.
- Michael Teachings Forum - Join our Michael teachings forum.
- Michael Teachings.com - Learn more about the Michael teachings at the most comprehensive Michael site online. Find articles, channeling, Michael channels, and an active community.
- Michael Teachings Blog - Get the latest news in the Michael teachings community.
- Michael Teachings Archives - Find a large collection of various articles.
- Michael Teachings Social Network - Meet other Michael students and create your own profile or blog.
- Michael Teachings Radio - Listen to live broadcasts of Michael channels.
- Michael Teachings Gatherings - Find local students and functions.
- Michael Teachings at Twitter - Get the Michael teachings at Twitter.
- Michael Teachings at Facebook - Join our Facebook outpost.
- Michael Teachings & Beyond - A humorous blog
- Michael Teachings - Enjoy some Michael teachings humor.
To contribute to this page, please read our Submission Guidelines.